I am a professional coach who specializes in career and professional develpment as well as Individual and team development. I have extensive experience and have held leadership roles in operations management, training & development and human resources. I maintain a private practice in Midlothian, Virginia where I work with a broad spectrum of clients. My primary areas of expertise are in communication, conflict management, career management (first jobs, mid-career, career changes, etc). Coaching is a collaborative and solution-focused process that provides support and practical feedback to help you effectively address personal life challenges.
I integrate coaching techniques and helpful assignments to offer a highly-personalized program. With compassion and understanding, I work with you to help build on your strengths and attain the personal growth you are committed to achieving.
BA, Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
BS, Secondary Education, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
MBA, Averett University, Danville, VA
- ACC Certified Coach - International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Certified Master Practitioner - Myers Briggs Type Inventory
- Certified Practitioner - Klein Group Instrument
- Certified Practitioner - Thomas Kilmann Instrument
- Certified Practitioner - EQi 2.0 & 360 Instruments
- Graduate Core Essentials Program - Coach U
- SPHR Certified - Society of Human Resource Professionals (SHRM)
- Certified Instructor - Franklin Covey - Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, FOCUS & Speed of Trust
I found myself looking for a job for the first time in 15 years and realized things had changed a lot. For the first few months, I was struggling to come up up with a successful strategy. Robert really helped me climb a very steep learning curve and helped me write a modern resume as well as learn to use social media to both identify opportunities and promote myself.
- Bill C, IT Professional, Richmond, VA
I was attempting a career change and was having trouble translating my skill set for a new field. Robert was great at helping me reflect on and put into words my strengths and talents. His expertise on resume writing helped me update and improve mine in a way that I never could have done alone.
- Diana G, Librarian, Midlothian, VA
I referred Robert to a number of my candidates who needed his services and all of them were extremely pleased with the service he provided. He is extremely responsive and concerned with doing the right thing for the candidate. I would highly recommend Robert without reservation to any of my clients/candidates.
- Joe L, Recruiter, Richmond, VA
Robert produces excellent work at a reasonable cost. I also appreciate the creativity.
- Guli F, Human Resources Manager, Fairfax, VA
When I started working with Robert I did not have clarity on how to energize my strenghts, but after working with Robert he allowed me to discover my "why" and purpose.
Robert is amazing at helping you raise your awareness to a higher level and has vast experience in bringing clarity and understanding with his coaching and leadership. Robert teaches you how to maximize your strengths by identifying the right space to grow and flourshish.
- George T, Therapist, Raleigh, NC
Robert made me feel completely ready for my interviews and has really
helped me tap into my self-confidence. He gave great tips for my social
media presence and provided me with an excellent resume, cover letter
package that I am proud to present.
- Maria F – Project Manager – Richmond, VA